Emerson will be a sponsor of the first annual World Refrigeration Day on June 26 which will be celebrated on the 195th birthday of refrigeration pioneer Lord Kelvin and raise awareness and understanding of the significant role that refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump (RACHP) technology plays in modern living.
ASHRAE, UN Environment OzonAction and WRD Secretariat are organizing an international webinar on the 26th June at 9 a.m. EDT titled “ Refrigerants for Life: How Refrigerants Affect Modern Life”. The event will feature RACHP and HVACR organizations and professionals from around the globe, including: the U.S., India, Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand, Australia, Africa, and Europe. Representatives from these countries, regions, and organizations have pledged their interest and support for the establishment of World Refrigeration Day and will participate in a variety of activities.
Emerson’s vice president, system innovation center and sustainability, Rajan Rajendran, who is also the 2019-2020 Chair of ASHRAE Refrigeration Committee will participate in the webinar as keynote speaker to present the Responsible Use of Refrigerants and cover the following topics:
- The complexity of choosing a refrigerant for HVACR applications
- Considerations such as global warming potential (GWP), ozone depletion potential (ODP) and lifecycle climate performance (LCCP)
- The environmental characteristics of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) and hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs)
- The growing trend toward the use of environmentally friendly refrigerant alternatives
- A review of natural and synthetic refrigerants that offer lower LCCP
He will also discuss how the selection of refrigerants and their systems must be based on a holistic analysis that encompasses a variety of criteria, including: energy efficiency and performance attributes, environmental impacts, employee and public safety, and economic considerations. This event will also provide an opportunity for the refrigeration and air conditioning industries to continue a dialogue and address the many challenges we are facing, such as:
- Rapidly evolving environmental standards
- Global warming
- The growing ubiquity of digital technologies
- Food safety concerns
- Never-ending energy and operating cost concerns
Emerson is pleased to participate in World Refrigeration Day and promote the roles that refrigeration, air conditioning, and heat pump technologies and applications have in today’s world.
Evaluating the ROI of Supermarket Sustainability Efforts
The spectrum of supermarket sustainability concerns has expanded significantly in recent years. As...
Seven Keys to Demystifying CO2 Refrigeration
The U.S. commercial refrigeration market is poised for a surge in the use of CO2 (R-744) as a...
Tools for Delivering Perishable Food Freshness This Holiday Season
More than any time of year, food is a central attraction of the holiday season. Sharing, preparing...